Project Home offers an alternative way to work with young people so they are engaged in their futures and will be offered traineeships and full time work as part of their journey.
We work with children who often been failed by their placements or are the most challenging. Our ethos is not to give up on these children and work through any challenges we will inevitably face together, providing stability throughout their transition from Children’s care to semi-independence until they are ready for an independent life.
Our passion for making such a difference derives from some of the things we have witnessed in the care system in recent times. Below are some of the challenges local authorities are faced with:
High quality care homes
A home with a heart in it. Carefully planned, positive environments built to a high standard.
Person centred planning
A deep understanding of each child’s individual needs and support plans based on the “Behaviour Support Model.”
Highly trained staff
Comprehensively trained staff who receive active supervision on a monthly basis.
Transitions into adulthood
Through our supported living accommodation where 16-24 year old young adults will transition from care into our semi - independent accommodation.
Life skills & emotional well-being
We will work to develop skills and confidence to live independently, focusing on emotional well-being, life skills, health, finances, relationships, social media safety.
Packages that do not change and include accommodation, utility costs and food.
• Designed with young people at heart, each home will be created and furnished to a high standard meeting the needs of the young people we support
• Safety is our priority and whilst our homes will have internet access and offer a designated place for computer activities, this will be with safety as a priority with access regularly monitored by our team
• Bedrooms furnished in a simple, modern manner. We will also involve our young people in the design of future homes
• Common areas are homely and comforting, our homes will be modern and appealing to young people. We will always rely on feedback from our young people so that we can assure we are meeting their needs
• All of our customers will benefit from a robust support and risk plan that is person-centered and reflects their pathway plan
• We will work closely with the individual’s circle of support to ensure that their support is holistic and reaches their individual agreed outcomes
• Our support plans will be based on the positive behavior support ethos, we will celebrate the positive on each of our young people
• Our staff will receive comprehensive training based on working with young people
• They will be trained on reflective practice, following any incidents. We will collect data, analyse and learn from each incident. Staff will receive active supervision on a monthly basis
• All staff will be Enhanced DBS checked and we will be following safer recruitment on all employees
• Project Home will require all members of staff before starting to be safeguarding level 2 qualified. All managers will have safeguard lead, FGM, prevent and challenging behaviour training
• Each care package will be based around the needs of the individual. We will have hourly rates that reflect the care needs with the set, baseline costs for complex and complex needs
• Our Semi-independent costs will have a baseline cost across the service with a fixed hourly rate
• Costings will be provided at each individual referral and we will work closely with commissioners and social workers to ensure that the costs are minimised. We will also discuss block contracts with Commissioners so that we are working in unison with local authorities
• Project Home will initially operate an OFSTED regulated children’s provision with a semi-independent provision opening shortly afterward
Our founders all have something in common, a drive to make a fundamental difference in the lives of children who need it most. Find out more about the team intent on changing the face of housing for your people in care.
If you'd like to discuss any of our services, please enter your details below and we'll be right back with you.